I was shocked to read our Prime Minister's reported view that he does not support the Citipointe Christian College's promotion of the ethics of biblical Christianity. He did not say it in such straight language but stated,
The federal government will seek to amend a contentious section of the Sex Discrimination Act alongside its Religious Discrimination Bill, in a move that follows lengthy discussions between the Prime Minister's office and key backbenchers over the past week (The Sydney Morning Herald, "Church schools will lose right to expel gay students as PM deals with moderate Liberals," (February 3, 2022)
Let's make it clear: "Moderate liberals" are not supporters of what the Scriptures state about homosexuality. The Coalition government wants "to lock in the support of moderate Liberal MPs ahead of a potential vote on the bill in the next sitting fortnight" ("Church schools will lose the right . . ."
Wouldn't it be amazing to read a mass media press release that states the Coalition wants to woo Bible-believing Christians in the community and support their views on sexual (including homosexual) ethics – straight from the Bible?
- "The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness" (Romans 1:18).
- "God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another" (Rom 1:24)
- "God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones.In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men and received in themselves the due penalty for their error" (Rom 1:26-27).
- "Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done.They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice" (Rom 1:28-29).
Elsewhere in the New Testament, the Bible states that these acts of homosexuality have this consequence:
- Don't you realize that those who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Don't fool yourselves. Those who indulge in sexual sin, or who worship idols, or commit adultery, or are male prostitutes, or practice homosexuality,or are thieves, or greedy people, or drunkards, or are abusive, or cheat people-none of these will inherit the Kingdom of God. Some of you were once like that. But you were cleansed; you were made holy; you were made right with God by calling on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God. (1 Corinthians 6:9-11).
Instead of trying to save his political backside for the next election and satisfying the LGBTIQ+ people, he should be representing ALL people and telling the truth about where homosexuality will take people. Bible-believing Christians have been betrayed, in my opinion, and should see the political craftiness of Morrison and give up on him at the next election. I'm not convinced an Anthony Albanese led government will present a better option but at least its ethics will be secular and not in the guise of Christianity – as with Morrison.
The truth about sexual and other sins
Where are the Bible-believing MPs who will speak God's truth on the eternal penalty of that sexual aberration?
Morrison admitted, "My kids go to a Christian school here in Sydney, and I wouldn't want my school doing that either," he told Brisbane's B105.3 radio (Church schools will lose right to expel gay students). He was addressing the Citipointe Christian College issue. So, is he saying he doesn't want a Christian school to tell the truth of the homosexual lifestyle and its eternal ramification?
Citipointe Christian College should feel let down by a Christian Prime Minister who seems to be playing political games for the next election so he can save "soft" Liberal Party seats. He has lost my vote to one of the minor parties that supports and practises biblical standards.
In my view, Morrison has practised reverse discrimination by compromising biblical Christianity and its ethics on sexuality and sucking up to the LGBTIQ+ community to make it look like support for that view. It is a politically correct view that may cost him at the next election.
Discuss in our Forums
See what other readers are saying about this article!
Click here to read & post comments.
43 posts so far.