3. ignored frequent calls from the United Nations and Amnesty, Human Rights Commission Reports and concerned citizens regarding the Asylum Seekers who arrived by boat from July 19th 2013;
4. shown negligence in its failure to adequately provide timely medical treatment resulting in thedeaths of asylum seekers;
5. begun to dismantle offshore detention without providing safe alternatives to those detained.
Also White Australia continues entrenched structural disadvantaging of Australia's First Peoples. The unsightly homeless are moved on from the streets; but we do not house them.
Eerily like the words and actions of Dr Joseph Goebbels, included in his recorded diary, the current policies are moving towards suppression of democratic rights and away from protection of rights.
Lies are essential to this process.
If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.: Joseph Goebbels
Guidelines for the Ministry of Utmost Fear.
- Suppress and denigrate dissident voices especially the press and independent broadcasters
- Promote press that supports government propaganda.
- Blur separation of powers.
- Identify enemies as scapegoats for the purposes of the regime.
- Enact zealous and secretive anti terror laws.
- Use extensive propaganda, especially three-word slogans.
- Promote convenient lies
- Incite the populace against designated individuals or groups.
- Enact laws that reduce poor people's rights in favour of the rights of the powerful few
- Distract citizens form the regime's failings by sensational press coverage of a threat
- Expand and over glorify police and armed forces.
- Denigrate and defund expertise and science.
- Do all incrementally, so that the lulled populace remain compliant.
We should heed the hard earned words of Martin Niemoller an anti communist who had at first supported Hitler. He was later imprisoned as a dissident.
First they came for the communists, and I did not speak out -
Because I was not a communist.
Then they came for the Trade Unionists, and I did not speak out -
Because I was not a Trade Unionist.
Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out -
Because I was not a Jew.
Then they came for me - and there was no one left to speak for me.
To which list you could add homosexuals, disabled, gypsies and repeat.
Discuss in our Forums
See what other readers are saying about this article!
Click here to read & post comments.
16 posts so far.